Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not the 100th post, and not 100 things.

So I was hoping that my 100th post would be my surgery date, because I'm a little bit nerdy like that, but I'm still waiting and my blogging fingers are itchy. Also, I didn't realise that Blogger counts "drafts" among your number of posts, so after some cleaning up, this is actually post 84.

Either way, I got the idea to do a 100 Things post...

So, without further ado, for my I thought it wa my 100th post, 100 things about me that you may or may not know already.

1. I was raised by my bioMom, but she did have an offer from one of her older brothers to take me and raise me as his own child. I would have been raised in a 2 parent household as a devout Roman Catholic. I sometimes wonder what that would have been like.

2. I did go to a Catholic school from grades K-7 because all schools in Newfoundland were denominational until 1999. I don't necessarily think this would have been a bad trend to continue.

3. I was always told about my disablity in age-appropriate language from the time I was 2. I think this has had a huge impact on me.

4. I believe in God, and energy, and reciprocity, and light, and love, and things unseen. I don't know what that makes me.

5. I have seen demons.

6. I love to sing, but I don't think I'm any good.

7. I love to write fiction, but I don't think I'm any good at that either.

8. I may not be able to finish university, now or ever.

9. I'm starting to think that's okay. Not necessarily desirable, but not world ending either.

10. I met the love of my life in a comic book shop

11. I drink tea. Good tea.

12. The person who was most surprised that I was a lesbian was probably me.

13. After 13 years, I still think the surgical scars from my most complex operation are really ugly

14 I don't like the colour purple. Never did.

15. I tend to catch on to trends late, and stop liking things like TV shows if they become too popular.

16. I had a lot of pets when I was little, but my bio father always gave them away.

17. It pleases me to no small end that Mackers is *my* cat and that no one will be giving him away.

18. The pet thing is only one of the many reasons I am still violently angry at my bio dad.

19. I completely switched sides in the recent divorce when I found out more information. It makes me feel like a turncoat, deep down.

20. My sister is my full biological sibling, but we don't get along.

21. I'm really excited to see who she'll become when she stops trying to fit into a mold.

22. My best friend (aside from the incredible Lady) lives in GA. And always has. I met her online.

23. My grandmother helps me pay bills.

24. I *hate* being on government funding

25 I don't know what to be when I grow up

26. I think this is because I missed out on a lot of kid experiences

27. I really really want to be able to buy toys for younger kids, and play with them myself.

28. It irks me that if one of you posted this about your radlings I'd tell you to go ahead and buy the toys!

29. I do not have any problem going to Build a Bear, however

30. I am entirely too pleased to have inherited the family Wii. My "share" of the divorce, I guess.

31. I'm saving change in an empty two litre Coke bottle

32. I'm actually trying to cut down on my Coke consumption

33. Some weeks it works, some weeks it doesn't. I try not to let it make me crazy.

34. I'm having more trouble coming up with things than I thought I would.

...So I'm going to toss this open for comments, questions, and rotten fruit. What else do inquiring minds want to know?

4 comments:

Reighnie said...

I'm 34 and I buy any toy I want. I always have since I've been able to. I don't feel like a grown up. Yet, I am responsible for 5 children, 3 adults (other than myself) and about 9 or so pets. I try not to think about it. lol! I thought I knew what I wanted to be, but I guess it doesn't matter since I am a caregiver now.

I love number 17.

Now that you are in your own apartment, did you follow through on some kid things you thought you were going to do when you "grow up and have your own place?"

For example, I always said I was going to have a candy drawer when I got my own place and I did it... it wasn't quite what I thought it would be (damn ants!) but it thrilled me to have it at any rate.

Keri said...

4, 5, 6, 11 and 27 -- we have these in common:) And I buy toys ALL THE TIME, so did my Dad. In fact, the very last Christmas present I got him before he died ( at age 70) was a toy pirate ship for him to use in his swimming pool! I hope you post another 33 soon...

Integrity Singer said...

oh, buy the toys, PLEASE!

when I hit my 100 post mark I intended to do something cool and ... didn't.

blessings!

Mama Drama Times Two said...

I agree with the others. Buy the toys and enjoy them. Have you ever played Bananagrams? Don't! It is mad addicting. Since I am new to reading your blog - why #8?