Friday, July 16, 2010

Job Interviews and Audiobooks

(Full disclosure: I have joined the Amazon Associate's Program, but I promise to only link to books I have read, and have enjoyed, when I would have already posted about them. If anyone has a problem with that, drop me a line at ashley writer at gmail dot com, and I'll be happy to no longer participate. You all come first!)

So I'm still waiting on surgery.... Which led to the rash decision to tempt fate and apply for a 6 month internship with The Learning Disabilities Association of Newfoundland and Labrador.

I'm not intending to *not* have surgery, I'll push it to January if I get the job, if not I'll keep on waiting, waiting waiting.

I have experience in all the areas listed in the job ad, but I felt like I was rambly in the interview. One of the criteria is that you had to be a person with a disability to recieve the grant funding, and while I do, I do not have a learning disability, so if someone else with the same credentials, or who maybe wasn't so rambly who also has a learning disability should be hired instead of me.

I'm hoping.

Am also having a hard time reading these days- the clingfilm burn out seems to have put over my mind is still there. But I'm digging Shut Up, I'm Talking: And Other Diplomacy Lessons I Learned in the Israeli Government--A Memoir, so much that it has me giggling out loud, and also listening to Angela's Ashes: A Memoir, and after that, I have Tis Unabridged: A Memoir, ready to go.

That's about all I have here at Chez Rolladyke.

Until next time!

Love

Me

No comments: