Monday, April 26, 2010

On homemade magic bags and shots


First of all this is my magic bag, hand made by my fabulous other half.

Isn't it pretty?

Second of all, this pain won't quit! Another run to ER about 24 hours ago, this one ending with a firm suggestion to call my neurosurgeon (Like I hadn't thought of that already!) It's much worse than last year, and I was sobbing between double doses of P*er*co*cet. I don't like being on meds that strong, Sam I am. I like it even worse when they don't work.

So anyway, chat with the doc, again, have my neurological function checked, again, and this time get a scrip for muscle relaxants on top of the Perc and a shot of m*o*r*p*h*i*n*e.

That seemed to break the cycle, and after coming home and sleeping for 8 hours, topping up with another perc as directed, and sleeping some more, I felt well enough to get up and get a shower.

So here's to meds that work... at least a little better.

I am so glad I don't have to worry about the cost of my health care!

PS: Honest nurses are great. When Paulette the RN came back with my shot, she said, "Okay, I have your medication here. It's a needle, it's morph, and it stings like a bugger. Once it kicks in, it's good. You won't mind."

She was right. On all counts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. I had morphine when I had kidney stones. You don't care about ANYTHING.

I wouldn't want to get kidney stones again to get any though.

Cindy Callahan said...

So sorry to hear you're having so much pain Ashley. It's good that they finally got you some useful meds though. Hope you're feeling better soon. I didn't realize you were blogging, but I shall definitely be following along now. By the way, I absolutely love the name of your blog! :D