Monday, March 23, 2009

A Busy Week Ahead

Wow, it's shaping up to be quite a week. Thank God for some new meds (Well*butrin) which are helping me. Wish I had tried this particular drug family years ago! S-S-R-Is make me feel like my brain is jumping out of the top of my skull and make me sleep 16 hours per day- These don't!

Why is it shaping up to be quite a week? Well, I have a keynote address to give tonight for a project called All Abillities Welcome, and then on Thursday I'm off to Ottawa for a Strategic Planning meeting with the Active Living Alliance... And let's not forget that I'm still at university, too!

I want to leave you all with a final thought- Some of you will know immediately what I'm referring to when I say this.

The "disability community" and by this I mean all atypical folks, all folks who parent atypical folks, and all folks who work with and for atypical folks, has enough to deal with. Having an attack from what should be an ally or at least a silent visitor shakes all of us to the core and detracts from the progress we're trying to make.

I learned something from a video when I was little that maybe some "grown ups" need to go back and revisit. "If you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow! You have a lot going on. Take care of yourself in the process.

Well said Ashley! That mean old troll really pissed me off. How dare he critize Torina!